Customers in the U.S. can pay for online orders with a valid EBT card, in full or in part, from participating stores in select states. For a full list of states, check out our SNAP via EBT card article.
If you don’t see EBT SNAP as an option for your local participating store, make sure you have the latest version of the Instacart app. If you still can’t see EBT SNAP, check back often as we continue to expand to more stores.
To add an EBT card to your account on Instacart.com or in-app—
- Click or tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Select Account settings.
- Select Payment methods.
- Select Add next to EBT SNAP card.
- Enter the first name, last name, and card number on the EBT card.
- Select Save.
Note: Only one EBT card can be saved to your profile. If you need to add a different EBT card, you'll need ton remove the first one before adding another.
To remove an EBT card from your account on Instacart.com—
- Click the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Click Account settings.
- Click Payment methods.
- Click Delete next to EBT SNAP card.
- Click Delete again to confirm you want to remove the EBT card from your account.
To remove an EBT card from your account in-app—
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top left corner.
- Tap Account settings.
- Tap Payment methods.
- Tap the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Tap the red minus icon next to the EBT card you want to remove.
- Tap Delete.
To successfully use your EBT card, you must also add a credit or debit card to your Instacart account to cover fees, bottle deposits in some states, taxes, delivery tips, and any other non-EBT SNAP-eligible items you may want to purchase.
For step-by-step instructions on how to add a credit or debit card on Instacart.com or in the app, check out our Updating your payment methods help center article.